We miss you all so much and can’t wait to see your smiling faces in person again!
As we get up and going again, things will work a little differently than what you’re used to. Our top priority is and always will be the health and safety of our patients and team.
As we get up and going again, things will work a little differently than what you’re used to. Our top priority is and always will be the health and safety of our patients and team.We have been hard at work throughout quarantine– from virtual checkups, to mailing rubber bands, to preparing for a safe reopening, we’ve been working to get ready to see all of you back here very soon! We’ve been very fortunate to have the opportunity to see patients virtually for regular appointments throughout this time. Moving forward, we will continue to utilize this technology to address issues on the fly, and we will plan your virtual and in-person appointments accordingly.
As we begin providing treatment again, we would like to share with you the protocol that has been implemented to protect the health and safety of our patients, families, and staff. We will continue to follow guidelines for preventing the spread of any infectious disease, as outlined by the standards set by the CDC, OSHA, American Association of Orthodontists, and other local professional organizations.
In addition to our normal hospital-level sterilization techniques, we have taken additional precautions to keep our office safe for you and your family, such as:
- We have replaced the filters throughout our office with HEPA filters with UV – these kill 99% of bacteria!
- Our team were experts at PPE before this started, and we will be long after! You can expect to see us wearing masks at the front desk… during your exam… and throughout each step of the process.
- We have added a virtual check-in process to streamline scheduling and social distancing. This process allows for us to pre-screen and check in patients, logging their temperature to ensure the safety of all in our office.
- We’re communicating digitally- we’ll be updating parents via text after their child’s appointment, continuing to utilize our virtual checkup system, and handling new patient consultations virtually.
We must limit the number of people we have in the office at a time. We will be staggering the scheduling of patients we see each day as well as adding additional clinic days and times so that we can spread out appointments more effectively. In light of these changes, it may take longer to get your appointment rescheduled. We ask for your patience as we navigate this time together.
Here are some of the changes you can expect when you arrive:
- Patients should enter the office alone or one parent is allowed, please wear a mask into the office if you have one. We ask that at this time, parents and siblings wait in the car. In an effort to keep our space as safe and sanitary as possible, our waiting room only has 4 chairs available. Don’t worry– it won’t be that way forever! A little extra caution at this time makes all of us feel safer.
- You will receive a text from our office prior to your appointment. You will be asked some questions related to your health, symptoms, and exposure to COVID-19. It is essential that you answer these questions honestly. If you are symptomatic or at-risk, we will work to address any issues or concerns with a Virtual Checkup and reschedule your in-office appointment.
- Upon entering the office, check-in will look a bit different. When you arrive, you’ll be greeted with hand sanitizer and you will have your temperature taken with a touchless thermometer.
- All patients and staff will work together in the office to observe social distancing guidelines and proper hand washing and sterilization.
- Our team will reach out via phone or text to schedule your next appointment.
Parents: We will be happy to call or text you after your child’s appointment to fill you in on progress and next steps. If you have any specific concerns you’d like us to address during the appointment, please feel free to contact us prior to their appointment or initiate a Virtual Checkup.
Before Your Appointment–
Please bring a mask or mouth covering 😷
To be seen in the office, you will be required to wear a mask. At this time, no one is allowed in our office without a mask or mouth covering.
Brush your teeth! This may seem like a no-brainer, but it is very important since our toothbrushing stations are currently closed. Please be sure to brush well before leaving your house.
When you arrive, please text the office “HERE” and we will text you with instructions to come up when we are ready to see you.
Please remember: you must wear a mask into the office.
Patients should enter the office alone. We ask that at this time, parents and siblings wait in the car. If the patient is a minor, one person is allowed to come in with them, but if your child is totally comfortable hanging out with us, we would really all prefer that they come in alone.
When the patient enters the office, we will complete a brief pre-screening and take their temperature. Each patient must wash their hands and sanitize well before they are seen, and again, after their appointment.
Don’t worry– it won’t be this way forever! A little extra caution at this time makes all of us safer.
After Your Appointment–
Our team will reach out via phone or text to schedule your next appointment.
For the safety and health of our patients and staff, we are kindly asking that you monitor your own health or that of your close contacts for a period of two weeks following your visit to our office. During that two week period, should you or someone that you have had contact with, develop symptoms of COVID-19, please call our office and report this.
Thank You for Your Patience.
All of our processes are created to follow the recommendations of our state, the AAO, and the ADA. Our procedures are subject to change as recommendations and information come available. Please check back for updates or feel free to contact us with any questions. We truly appreciate your patience and cooperation through all of this.
You guys are the best patients an office could ever ask for and we can’t wait to catch up with you all and see those beautiful smiles!